Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed

On 06/02/2016 20:01, Per Jessen wrote:
SDM wrote:

I like the look of Plasma 5 over KDE 4, too; it just looks more like a
professional clean and "no frills gets business done" executive
desktop than the cartoonish looking KDE 4.
Yes, that appeals to me too. I would have liked to keep the
screensavers, but no big deal.

Plasmashell still crashes regularly though, and I am missing pdf+office
previews in dolphin.

Do you run nVidia graphics card on Leap? I installed Leap the moment it was released (a clean new install with no added repos) on a box with i915 graphics and apart from a midnight commander crash, which I filed a bug and then fixed it, and an installation/appdata.xml bug which I'm helping to fix, I didn't have any problems. Then I bought another computer with an nVidia GT620 card and the graphics suddenly became blurry with the nouveau driver. I then went through hell trying to get the propriety nVidia drivers to work but got continual plasma5 crashes, xfce worked though. I removed the card and am using the onboard intel graphics but when I've got time I'll try again, I've seen quite a few plasma5 updates since. My system is stable minus nVidia and a pleasure to use. I've another nVidia card which I had working with my old 12.1 system, tried that and still had no joy.
My only gripe is not being able to go to any runlevel besides 1 and 5.
Regards
Dave P