Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
On 7 February 2016 at 03:22, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But when you suddenly can't boot because the system won't provide enough time
for password entry, and you file a bug report and the only official response
is
that Fink starts a turf war about who's job it is to fix it (963526), it
becomes
a bit disheartening.

The only 'turf' war was caused by you inappropriately and incorrectly
filing the bug as a systemd issue (It's a YaST issue, just like you
say in the first word of the subject of the bug)

If you do not know who to assign it to, don't - Nothing annoys our
developers more than being given work they don't need to do. We have
bug screeners that catch all the bugs in that are not assigned.

Also setting the Priority for our developers is a height of bad
manners - Bug reporters have the 'Severity' field to declare how
important the bug is, it's the right and responsibility for our
maintainers to prioritise their work.

To be frank, I'm surprised Dr. Fink was as polite to you as he was and
fixed the inappropriately assigned bug for you

Even taking into account the poor etiquette, the bug was reported on
26th Jan at 04:23 UTC
Thanks to Dr. Fink and Thomas Blume, it was fixed by 27th Jan at 06:31 UTC

Bug report to fix coded and submitted in less than 29 hours? I'm
sorry, bug 963526 is a testament to bug reports _working_
exceptionally well.