Re: [opensuse] 13.2 vs Leap vs Tumbleweed
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 13:13:50 +0100
Frans de Boer wrote:

Dear reader,

When I initially tried Leap, the stability was a disaster. So, I went
back to Tumbleweed. Which at the time was stable enough. However, from
time to time I still have to go back to 13.2 because Tumbleweed is not
always so stable.

Leap is now around for some time, so I wonder if it is stable enough
nowadays to be used instead of 13.2. The later is kind off showing his
age.

Hi Frans

for everyday office work, I would go with 13.2. As for showing its age,
you should see my 10.3 workstation (veryyyyy stable though). I have a
test desktop with Leap, but it's not reliable.

I know now that using Tumbleweed is participating in a lottery, but
has OpenSUSE nothing newer to offer which is just as stable as 13.2
is?

Not to my knowledge. Right now, 13.2 is my preferred version.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.4°C)