Re: [opensuse] question on tunderbird/seamonkey mail imap offline mirroring
On 2016-01-31 23:47, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Thank you all for your help.

For clarity what I need is not a backup. I do backups of the IMAP server
using imapsync.
What I need here is an exact copy of the currentIMAP folder hierarchy in
seamonkey mail so that I could clear a server and synchronize with the server
after that.
As I wrote in my previous mail, copying the whole IMAP directory into Local
Folders is not possible. I copied the IMAP folder directory into Local Foldes
directory
in a file manager while seamonkey was turned off. But after restarting
seamonkey in Local Folders the IMAP directories were doubled and messed. For
example the
Trash dir contained many messages deleted from the original IMAP Trash. It
seems that Local Folders are treated too specifically.

My recommendation is to create the folder structure by hand under "Local
Folders", then mass copy or move the messages by marking all (ctrl-A)
when displaying the folder under inbox, them right click to move or copy
to the destination folder. Repeat for each folder.

This is what works best when using Thunderbird.

If you want to copy folders as directories and files, you also have to
create certain index files with "touch", ie, empty, in order for
Thunderbird to see them properly.

I'm assuming that Seamonkey still works the same as Thunderbird. In the
past it did.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)