Re: [opensuse] How to generate grubx64.efi
On 01/31/2016 09:31 AM, Hans de Faber wrote:
Hello everybody,

On my desktopcomputer i have a standalone boot partition a real
orphan,no kernel and no operating system looks for it.
It is a stable and customized, al my opensuse flavours boots are
adressed via this partition no problems at all.
But i added win10 and that doesn't work.
I have to generate a new grubx64.efi !
Which program or procedure in leap42.1 does the job ?
Is there any documentation on generating a uefi environment ?

Thanks, Hans

I think that happens if you forget to mount the EFI partition at "/boot/efi" during the install.

The only way that I know to generate the file, is "grub2-install".

The file "grubx64.efi" should actually be identical to "/boot/grub2/x86_64-efi/core.efi", so if you have that file, you can probably just copy it. If you don't have that file, then maybe there's a whole bunch of other files that you don't have (in "/boot/grub2/x86_64_efi"). The "grub2-install" should take care of that.

If your system is not bootable, then you would need to boot the installer in rescue mode, and repair from there. Make sure that you use UEFI booting (not legacy booting) to boot the rescue system.