31. ledna 2016 22:21:14 CET, "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
napsal:
On 2016-01-31 15:14, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/31/2016 09:05 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It appears to read the tags and comments created with shotwell, but
I do
not see how to create comments. But only if the photo is jpeg: not
on
the .nef/.jpg pairs made by my Nikon reflex camera.

Please see my comment on why comment/author/copyright information
should
be embedded as early as possible in those RAW file using exif and not
rely on external sidecar files or external databases.

Both programs write exif tags and comments. The problem appears when
each photo has 3 files:

original.nef
camera_generated.jpg
shotwell_generated.jpg

Do You have specific reason for camera jpg? For me, it's wasting of space - I
need camera RAW and exported JPG.

Ie, the camera generates both XXXX.nef and XXXX.jpg. When shotwell
imports them, it generates another jpg file. I think the comments are
saved to the jpg file, but I'm not sure. It can not write to the .nef
file.

Digikam does not see the comments or tags of these photos. I don't know
yet why. It does see them if made on cameras that generate a single jpg
file.

Neither does digikam notice that those 3 files are a single photo.

I don't think there is way for any other SW to get know the pictures belong
together. How could it know?
--
Vojtěch Zeisek
http://trapa.cz/cs