Re: [opensuse] question on tunderbird/seamonkey mail imap offline mirroring
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:
Istvan Gabor wrote:

Hello:

My IMAP mailbox at my ISP is close to full. I would like to delete
most of its content form the IMAP server but keep messages locally.

I use seamonkey mail (almost equal to thunderbird if I know correctly)
with configured IMAP mailboxes. There is an option for
download/synchronize messages for offline use which makes a local copy
of the messages. My question is if I use this method, and delete
messages on the server afterwards not from seamonkey mail (eg in
webmail), will be the local messages deleted after a new connection
started from seamonkey mail? In other words is the synchronization
bi-directional or uni-directional?

I am not familiar with seamonkey, but any IMAP client should allow you
to copy messages to your local drive with simple drag-and-drop. Maybe
with the exception of webmail clients.

With TB, I just move folders or messages into folders under "Local
Folders".

Per, thank.

My IMAP folder hierarchy looks like this:

mailbox name
----INBOX
----------Drafts
----------Sent
----------Archives
----------Trash
----------my imap folder 1
----------my imap folder 2
----------------subfolder of imap folder 2
----------my imap folder 3

etc.

I made a subfolder in the folder called "Local Folders" and tried to drag INBOX
folder from my IMAP folder into it. It resulted an empty inbox folder in Local
Folders. No messages or any subfolders were copied. How can I copy the whole
IMAP folder tree into Local Folders in seamonkey mail?

Thanks,

Istvan