Le 31/01/2016 15:05, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

no, only picasa do that AFAIK

No, no, I do not mean to a web site. I mean that some copy the photos to
their own directory tree.

yes, picasa do copy

[...]

Ok, I used "add a collection" to tell digikam where my photos are. While
viewing some of them, the mouse and the keyboard froze. I had to ssh
from another computer to kill digikam.

I restarted it again, this time it does not get so bad, but it is taking
a large time to display each directory. It is creating these two files
in ~/Pictures/

-rw-r--r-- 1 cer users 3323904 Jan 31 13:54 digikam4.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 cer users 25828352 Jan 31 14:03 thumbnails-digikam.db

only thumbnails, not plain files

It does not read videos. Shotwell does.

it should (use the same kipi plugins - but video and photo are two different things, one can't edit videos as photos...

It appears to read the tags and comments created with shotwell, but I do
not see how to create comments. But only if the photo is jpeg: not on
the .nef/.jpg pairs made by my Nikon reflex camera.

don't kow for raw (I think it's a beta feature) but for exifs (or any metadata) it's easy (right column icons in digikam)

jdd