Re: [opensuse] kde-open5 Problem
* SDM <fastcpu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-31-16 05:22]:
I use Thunderbird and don't have kmail installed on this TW box, so on
Plasma5, f I click on a mailto link in FF, a kmailservice5 launcher button
comes up on the panel in the task manager with a spinning animation, and
bouncing gear icon which follows the mouse pointer continues forever.
kde-open5 and xdg-open appear over and over again as running processes: the
threads start, are killed, then start again all in a matter of seconds. This
has happened to me before as far back as 13.2. KDE doesn't like it if the
default program to open a mailto link in FF is set to a program that doesn't
exist as it gets stuck in an infinite loop.

Is there a way to stop the kmailservice5 spinning circle and bouncing gear
icon without logging out of Plasma 5? I'm going to change the mailto option
in the FF options preferences in the meantime.

It would see you already have the solution, set it to tb. But if that is
not what you desire, set it to /dev/null or /usr/bin/true