Re: [opensuse] xbindkeys ??
On Fri, Jan 29, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/29/2016 07:20 AM, Emilio Recio wrote:
I am recent to OpenSUSE.

What were you using before?

Perhaps it would help if you told us what you were trying to achieve
that needed xbindkeys.

It might help, also, if you told us what desktop manager you were using.
The desktop managers try to give a better UI and API and set of
management utilities than 'raw" X11.

Not the OP, but an interested party.

What about those of us who don't use a desktop manager and find fighting
with xmodmap, xev, etc. more than a bit frustrating, especially when trying
to get "composed" keybindings working easily.

I've not looked into xbindkeys yet, but I've put it on my list of things
to check out to see how much it helps me resolve such matters more easily
than I've been able to google/test/hack/swear-at before.

But yeah, I'm also curious about exactly which problems (and their context) the
OP
wanted to solve.

All the best,

Michael