* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-30-16 11:15]:
On 2016-01-30 17:05, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/30/2016 10:01 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I forget if the gwenview/dolphin comments and stars are in a database
somewhere or in a hidden file.

BUT gwenview/dolphin do not write to the meatadata INSIDE the image.

I had forgotten about the "KDE semantic whatever" (database?)

Clearly I can not use gwenview to write the comments. Shotwell is a
candidate, but I'd prefer something similar to gwenview, because it runs
faster and doesn't "import" photos. A GUI tool, not CLI.

iiuc, it appears the gwenview problem relates to it being plasma5 and kipi
plugins for the most part kde4. When the kipi plugins are plasma5 the
functionality will return to gwenview.