On 2016-01-30 16:50, gumb wrote:
On 30/01/16 16:01, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I still haven't toyed enough with semantic info to know for sure how all
this works, but my first thought is perhaps you are confusing two
different tagging systems that don't interoperate.

The comments in Gwenview, if you're talking about those for example that
can be added the same as tags or ratings and added from other
applications such as Dolphin, are not saved in the EXIF info. Likewise,
those in EXIF info wouldn't show as Comments in the KDE semantic info.

Argh. The KDE semantic...

However, looking at my own Gwenview (4.11.5 on oS 13.1) I'm having
difficulty finding where you can even add comments. There is only the
Edit Metadata dialog which I've never looked at before. Is that what
you're referring to?

You have to display the left panel for the photo. The bottom half is a
largish area where I can write text. I now notice that it is labelled
"semantic information" :-/

There is a click to "edit" exif tags.

Ok, then I can not use Gwenview to edit the comments.

I'll have to use some other tool to write them.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)