Re: [opensuse] question on tunderbird/seamonkey mail imap offline mirroring
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:37:21 +0100
Istvan Gabor wrote:

Hello:

My IMAP mailbox at my ISP is close to full. I would like to delete
most of its content form the IMAP server but keep messages locally.

I use seamonkey mail (almost equal to thunderbird if I know correctly)
with configured IMAP mailboxes. There is an option for
download/synchronize messages for offline use which makes a local copy
of the messages. My question is if I use this method, and delete
messages on the server afterwards not from seamonkey mail (eg in
webmail), will be the local messages deleted after a new connection
started from seamonkey mail? In other words is the synchronization
bi-directional or uni-directional?

I am not familiar with seamonkey, but any IMAP client should allow you
to copy messages to your local drive with simple drag-and-drop. Maybe
with the exception of webmail clients.

With TB, I just move folders or messages into folders under "Local
Folders".

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.7°C)