[opensuse] question on tunderbird/seamonkey mail imap offline mirroring
Hello:

My IMAP mailbox at my ISP is close to full. I would like to delete most of its
content form the IMAP server but keep messages locally.

I use seamonkey mail (almost equal to thunderbird if I know correctly) with
configured IMAP mailboxes.
There is an option for download/synchronize messages for offline use which
makes a local copy of the messages. My question is if I use this method, and
delete messages on the server afterwards not from seamonkey mail (eg in
webmail), will be the local messages deleted after a new connection started
from seamonkey mail? In other words is the synchronization bi-directional or
uni-directional?

If bi-directional, what would be the most effective way to clear the server
while keeping local messages with possibly maintaining the original directory
tree?

Tanks,

Istvan