Re: [opensuse] making local copy of 13.1 repos

Hans Witvliet <suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> írta:
On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 21:35 +0100, Istvan Gabor wrote:
David Haller írta:
Hello,

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Istvan Gabor wrote:
I would like to download openSUSE 13.1 repos from
download.opensuse.org/repositories directory. First I thought I could
use wget but it seems it's not that easy. I don't know how I could
specify wget to download only "openSUSE_13.1" directories from the
tree (without writing every single path after an -I option), if it's
possible at all. Any help would be appreciated.

RTF --help:

-np, --no-parent don't ascend to the parent directory.

e.g.

wget -m -np http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/13.1:/

or whatever.

It's not that simple. I want to download all openSUSE 13.1 dirs from under
all of the following directories in
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/:

[SNIP]

How I do that, possibly with one command? Not need to be wget.

With one command will be rather difficult.
What you can do however, is making a dry-run rsync (will take several
hours) of the whole tree, capture that output to file, grep/filter what
you want, and feed that info to a real rsync session.
btw, I would recommend ftp5.gwdg.de
That site is connected through the inter-university-network, and
extremely fast.

Thank you all.
I will try either rsync or put all target dirs in a file and use that file as
input for wget.
Yes, ftp5.gwdg.de is a good server, it even stores old suse versions too.

Istvan