Re: [opensuse] Display Manager options
Am 27.01.2016 um 22:16 schrieb Klaus Vink Slott:
Den 27-01-2016 kl. 13:48 skrev Carlos E. R.:
On 2016-01-27 12:23, jdd wrote:
Le 27/01/2016 12:06, Martin Helm a écrit :
Am 27.01.2016 um 08:10 schrieb jdd:
why should Kodi add an entry in the windows manager folder? (if kodi
is the media manager I find on the net)?

Kodi can run as its own session without an underlying desktop
environment or window manager

ok
Yes, it is intended as a media player. Ie, a machine that only runs that
thing, kiosk style.

Exactly - and does that very well as long you stay inside Kodi.

The problem comes when I use the "Chrome Launcher" script to start
Google Chrome. The browser starts, but get confused. I guess it relies
on the Window Manager to get screen size and such. In my case it only
covers something like 2/3 of the screen.

I ran into the same problem with firefox on my home theater pc, so I
also decided as you did to run it on an underlying window manager to
resolve it.