Re: [opensuse] make a file clickable
Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op woensdag 27 januari 2016 20:40:30 schreef buhorojo:
Hi
I have this file:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 br2 users 1678728 Jun 15 2014 StarTools-Linux64

If I click it, it tells me it is executable and asks if I want to
execute it or open it. Annoying.

Can I make it click and execute?
Thanks
When you create a .desktop file which refers to this executable and you click
on the .desktop this executable will be started. Copy an existing .desktop
file and change what needs to be changed. It is quite easy.
Try it. If you copy an existing .desktop file e.g.

cp /usr/share/applications/a_program.desktop ~/Desktop/

you see the icon immediately on the (KDE) desktop. The icon has an exclamation
mark at first.

If you click on the icon, you will see a warning with the options Continue
(execute the program) and Cancel.

This is a security warning. Users should not always trust .desktop icons, which
were installed by scripts.

I do not know how to disable the warning. But the warning comes only once, if
you click Continue.

Greetings,
Bj├Ârn