[opensuse] Leap / Tumbleweed Ogg / Amarok and (minor) VLC problem: very speedy ogg reproduction.
I possess several audio CDs that I ripped in the past. I have a mp3 version and
an ogg version of the tracks. It is speech so you can note the speed
particularly well.
Up to leap everything was fine, the files are older about 5 years old. But
since I installed leap I was baffled by a "phenomenon" hitting as it seems ogg
files. The are reproduced ca 1.5 times speedier in Amarok and 1.25 times
speedier in VLC.

I can only guess speed, I think in Amarok it is even faster as the women have
the "Mickey Mouse" factor. The VLC problem is solved by hitting twice "slightly
slower" when you reach normal. In case there is the mp3 version available, the
problem does not seem to be there or it is not apparent enough to let me note
it.
I am using the packman versions codecs but I have also leap with opensuse ones
and Tumbleweed and.....astonishingly it is the very same.
So this hits here leap and tumbleweed, amarok (a lot) and vlc (less).
On a AMD 64 plattform with nvidia and on a laptop with intel 915. ironlake.

What could that be? Is that already known or should I open a bug.
In Amarok as I cannot use ogg anymore that is a hindrance. In VLC I can
regulate the speed so that mitigates it a bit.

I only found some very old events like this on google (from 2010).

Thanks.

---