Re: [SOLVED] Re: [opensuse] system not booting
Am 26.01.2016 um 19:57 schrieb Chris Murphy:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Benjamin <benjamin10@xxxxxx> wrote:

dmesg | tail
[ 514.164113] parent transid verify failed on 35295068160 wanted
41939771539587072 found 25424
[ 514.164117] BTRFS: failed to read chunk root on sda3
[ 514.182238] BTRFS: open_ctree failed
[ 593.703113] BTRFS info (device sda3): force clearing of disk cache
[ 593.703118] BTRFS info (device sda3): disk space caching is enabled
[ 593.703120] BTRFS: has skinny extents
[ 593.711602] parent transid verify failed on 35295068160 wanted
41939771539587072 found 25424
[ 593.723735] parent transid verify failed on 35295068160 wanted
41939771539587072 found 25424
[ 593.723742] BTRFS: failed to read chunk root on sda3
[ 593.741048] BTRFS: open_ctree failed

I did:

|btrfs-zero-log /dev/sda5|

This made the partition mountable again.

The most serious message is about the chunk root. But I'm glad this
worked, that's actually quite interesting because it's not the normal
use case for btrfs rescue zero-log. For transid verify failed messages
and failure to mount the first step is -o recovery.

In order> use mount option recovery or ro,recovery; then try btrfs
check (without --repair) and post to Btrfs upstream list with all
kernel and user space tool version info; and then maybe depending on
btrfs check output the fix is rescue zero-log or rescue super-recover
or rescue chunk-recover or check --repair. Often check --repair is a
last resort. So if you manage to get ro,recovery to work, immediately
take the opportunity to fresh your backups before continuing with
further repairs.

Thanks for the descriptions…Still i do not know why this all happened (Maybe because i forget to umount a device properly???) …I tried to make it with

btrfs -o recovery
and btrfs ---check

but that did not work, so had to carry on as it was described on the page I mentioned above. Beside…I noticed some problems while booting: The boot process is slower than before the problem and the system rebooted once within the boot process but then started regulary (but slower). Is there something I should check? Still it seems to my a unstable…but it works again…

Lg Benjamin.