Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
25.01.2016 02:30, John Andersen пишет:
23.01.2016 05:44, John Andersen пишет:
I've got a 13.2 installation that for some reason some time ago started
waiting a real short time
for passwords on the Plymouth screen (or at least the Plymouth wallpaper)
for a password for
the Luks encrypted partition.

I have to hover over the keyboard waiting for that prompt to come up and
type it really quick
or it boots without my home partition mounted.

I thought it was /etc/crypttab where the delay was set, but this appears
to be ignored.
There are a few bug reports but they appear full of arguing back and forth
and nobody has a clue.

Has anyone else seen this, or have a solution?

I cannot reproduce it. I installed minimal 13.2 with all current
updates, added plymouth, couple of encrypted filesystems and right now
it sits on Plymouth screen waiting passphrase for a cpuple of minutes at
least.

Andrei, are your luks partitions in fstab with nofail option?

Of course not. This is the first time you mention it. How do you expect
me to know you were using it?

Yes, I see it with nofail and now it is obvious what causes it.

Mon Nov 23 14:20:23 GMT 2015 - Thomas.Blume@xxxxxxxx

- disable device timeout when nofail is set (bsc#949683)

You can restore previous behavior by adding

x-systemd.device-timeout=0

Yes, see my SOLVED post, in a another message.
I found the same solution you mention on an ARCH mailing-list.

to options in /etc/fstab.

Mine are, I believe that is how opensuse set them up.

I cannot even make yast partitioner to encrypt partition that is used
for file system. You would need to provide step by step description how
you managed to convince openSUSE to set this up ...

I just used the normal installer to do this with an XFS partition.
Its been in Yast for some time.

In my case this is not the root partition, it is /home and another partition
that I use for storing confidential information.

Thanks for your testing Andrei