Re: [opensuse] Plasmoids mixed up when using (screen with) different resolution
  • From: Benjamin <benjamin10@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 12:07:12 +0100
Am 25.01.2016 um 09:41 schrieb John M Andersen:
On 1/25/2016 12:29 AM, Benjamin wrote:
Hi!
I am searching for a workaround or help to solve the following problem:
When i use a different screen or let us say better, a different
resolution all my plasmoids are mixed up on the desktop. I just have to
change the resolution and everything is a mess. I have already posted a
bug in kde and opened a thread in the forum , but no one seems to have
this problem…Any issue about this?

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/512696-Plasmaoids-disturbed-after-using-a-screen-with-a-different-resolution?p=2748310#post2748310
I notice the same thing when I use VMware. A virtual machine can resize
its display in real time, by just dragging the virtual display window
larger or smaller.

My advice, avoid plasmoids. They are cute and impressive looking but
mostly useless bling that just gets in the way of doing real work.

Hi!
Okay thanks…i have switched to the panel. Some plasmoids are quite useful in my view…for example the sticky notes stuff or the system-monitor. Anyway, thanks for giving info…

Best, Benjamin.