Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
23.01.2016 05:44, John Andersen пишет:
I've got a 13.2 installation that for some reason some time ago started
waiting a real short time
for passwords on the Plymouth screen (or at least the Plymouth wallpaper)
for a password for
the Luks encrypted partition.

I have to hover over the keyboard waiting for that prompt to come up and
type it really quick
or it boots without my home partition mounted.

I thought it was /etc/crypttab where the delay was set, but this appears to
be ignored.
There are a few bug reports but they appear full of arguing back and forth
and nobody has a clue.

Has anyone else seen this, or have a solution?

I cannot reproduce it. I installed minimal 13.2 with all current
updates, added plymouth, couple of encrypted filesystems and right now
it sits on Plymouth screen waiting passphrase for a cpuple of minutes at
least.

Andrei, are your luks partitions in fstab with nofail option?
Mine are, I believe that is how opensuse set them up.