Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 19:32:35 +0300
23.01.2016 05:44, John Andersen пишет:
I've got a 13.2 installation that for some reason some time ago started
waiting a real short time
for passwords on the Plymouth screen (or at least the Plymouth wallpaper) for
a password for
the Luks encrypted partition.

I have to hover over the keyboard waiting for that prompt to come up and type
it really quick
or it boots without my home partition mounted.

I thought it was /etc/crypttab where the delay was set, but this appears to
be ignored.
There are a few bug reports but they appear full of arguing back and forth
and nobody has a clue.

Has anyone else seen this, or have a solution?

I cannot reproduce it. I installed minimal 13.2 with all current
updates, added plymouth, couple of encrypted filesystems and right now
it sits on Plymouth screen waiting passphrase for a cpuple of minutes at
least.

Of course what is stupid is complete lack of indication for which device
password is expected. It is just blank input field without any hint
whatsoever. May be I miss some Plpymouth packages. They are not
installed in minimal text installation pattern, I selected them manually.

OTOH I remember definitely having seen at least device name in the past.

I suggest you try adding systemd.log_level=debug and remove "quiet" from
kernel command line and upload "journalctl -b" output after boot to
susepaste.org.