Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
  • From: listreader <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 00:23:21 -0600
On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 08:57:39 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you disable plymouth as instructed?

Carlos, I tried that. Did not help my problem (bugzilla 960258),
which may or may not have the same base cause as John's but likely
does, since both the problems seem to have begun with the ~19
December system updates. So, in my case at least, plymouth appears
innocent of this particular crime.

From your bug report it is absolutely unclear whether you disabled
Plymouth or not. I do not understand what "text front (F12)" means.

"Absolutely unclear." That's very funny! :)

No, I think you've misunderstood. I just now, today, disabled
plymouth, following Carlos' suggestion. It was not disabled before.
Sorry if that was not clearly stated.

The F12 was keypress to switch to text display during boot while
plymouth was still enabled.

Ralph