Re: [opensuse] Bootup of Luks partitions not waiting long for Password
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 00:39:13 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2016-01-23 at 15:34 -0800, John Andersen wrote:

I did the above things as you instructed.

Yes, timeout 8 there, but the timeout between Welcome to Grub and Plymouth is
typically zero.

Then that file is not applied, or you are booting a different grub. Is your machine dual boot?

There is another thing in there called hidden timeout. Maybe I will mess with
that.

I have it to zero.

And the time out waiting for a LUKS password is still around 5 to 7 seconds.

Did you disable plymouth as instructed?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)