Re: [opensuse] Failed login prompts on VTs
On 01/21/2016 01:41 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Oh, I wasn't aware I was running it!
So how do I DISABLE it?
On Mageia, where attempting Plymouth uninstallation wants to uninstall nearly
the whole OS, noplymouth on cmdline works. Maybe try plymouth=0 on cmdline if
it that doesn't work for 13.1.

Well I tied that and it seems no different from when I remove the
"splash=silent quiet " from the command line.
Go figure.

However when i log in I still have the unaccountable

LINES=64

setting in vt1 (and vt2 etc)

I also have

TERM=linux

I've previously posted about not being able to account for that with the
infocmp view of the terminfo database entry.

Iv just run
clear ; for (( i=1 ; i <= 48 ; i++ )
do
echo $i
done

and established that indeed, there are ONLY 48 lines of display on vt1.
So why do I have LINES=64
Where is this being set?