Re: [opensuse] checking on a sending mail problem with Thunderbird
On 2016-01-22 08:49, Per Jessen wrote:

Sounds like it might be greylisting.

But hidden?

I thought that it could be a content filter, because a retry from
thunderbird on the same account fails, several times.

To retry, I have to copy the "sent" mail to the "draft" folder, click
edit that email, and then click send. This means that the messageid
changes, I believe.

So, it is thus a bug in Thunderbird that doesn't catch the situation
properly.

At least it is easily reproduced then. You can make your postfix reply
451 to everything.

On my permanent setups I do use postfix, and there it is not a problem.
Postfix catches those temporary problems and automatically retries
later. I can forget them.

The problem are my temporary setups, like the test partition in my
laptop for Leap, which being only 8 GB, I minimize what I do. There I
send directly from Thunderbird, without using postfix, being a bit more
complex to setup.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)