Re: [opensuse] What do you use for skype?
On 01/21/2016 09:37 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/21/2016 02:25 AM, Dave Plater wrote:
[snip]
alternative?
I've nothing against skype in principle. There's a copy of it on my old
laptop. was on an earlier version of suse, and on my cell phone. I just
don't seem to use it any more.

What I seem to be using these days is Google Hangout on my phone and
tablet. I'm aware there is a web version of it as well. I've tried
that. Downside is that you need a gmail account.

So it seems an issue of one "evil empire" vs another :-)

I also prefer Hangouts to Skype. But I have one friend who insists on
using Skype. Either way, you need an account and a GMail account is
generally more useful than Skype. I believe Google is less evil than
MS. ;-)

Another possibility is WebRTC, where you just email someone a link.
It's supported in a few browsers, such as with Firefox Hello.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC