Re: [opensuse] What do you use for skype?
Hallo Anton Aylward, op 21-01-16 om 16:47 schreef je:
On 01/21/2016 10:00 AM, Harrie Baken wrote:
Downside is that you need a gmail account.

Which you have already, if you have an Android phone.

One does *not* need a *gmail* account. A *Google account* will do.
(Mine is: harriebaken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.)

I have a number of my own domains. When I got the phone I tried
setting that up with google (as opposed to Samsung, who were quite
happy to accept various "@antonaylward.com" addresses). Google took
the "proper name" ("Anton Aylward"), donwshifted the "A" to "a",
inserted a period and appended a "@gmail.com" and there was nothing I
could do about it.

Nothing, I tell, you, NOTHING!

https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail

Don't let Google fuck with you.

I didn't like it, I fought it. But I was stuck with it.

The crazy thing is that I already had TWO other addresses that I use
with G+! Both of those use domains I own. I'm still struggling to
find out if I can use either of those with hangouts. So far,
hangouts insists on me using the "@gmail.com" address.

Hm.. for all that G-stuff I use my own mail address. So it /is/ possible.

So it seems an issue of one "evil empire" vs another :-)

:-)

Indeed. + Apple crooks. So let's make Linux great & big!

Err, perhaps you should look at which firms make the greatest
contribution to the Linux code base. (Hint: it isn't Apple)

I bet it's God Google. But I don't care (much). *All* corporations
eventually have just one goal: profits. Therefore one (we, the FOSS
people) never can trust them completely. The community is what counts in
the end.

Harrie

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken