Re: [opensuse] pakagekit/Yast/zypper
On 20/01/16 03:07 PM, ianseeks wrote:
On Wednesday 20 Jan 2016 15:29:20 Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-20-16 14:49]:
How do you get packagekit to quit when you answer Yes to zypper or
yast's question asking do you want packagekit to quit so you can use
zypper or yast?

I've had the software updates widget sitting there with 1254 updates
pending but as it does not give you any idea of percentage done
progress, i prefer to use zypper or yast (especially as i'm using breeze
dark on this user and you cannot even read what is being downloaded or
installed.).
iirc, it provides a proccess id. I kill the process.
thats what i do but shouldn't have to.
packagekit should respond appropriately or zypper/yast don't have the power
shut it down and shouldn't offer the option.
Just remove the packagekit widget. That's what I did, after I finally
realized I could try to tell that thing to check only once a millenium,
and it would still check for updates every half hour.

No need for it anyway -- opensuse-updates mailing list does a better job
of keeping me informed ;)