Re: [opensuse] plasmashell in Leap 42.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 07:49:18 +0100
Marc Chamberlin wrote:

Hi - I have just upgraded one of my systems to Leap 42.1 and am
encountering a problem that is turning into a showstopper for us.
Every few minutes, and in particular it seems after clicking on the
launcher in the kicker bar at the bottom of the desktop, the system
comes to a near halt for a few minutes and does not respond to a lot
of mouse or keyboard input actions. Any shell window that is open will
be responsive but much of the GUI stops responding. I have discovered
that when this happens, top reports that the plasmashell process is
using 100% of the cpu. Google has not provided me with a solution that
I can understand, so in layman's terms can some kind guru tell me how
to fix this issue? I will gladly provide any additional info needed,
and thanks in advance for your help.

Have you also applied all the latest stuff/updates? A lot of things and
problems have been fixed.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.8°C)