Re: [opensuse] hdparm on boot and YaST
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:00:53 -0500
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Juan R. de Silva
<juan.r.d.silva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
About a month ago I run a cross a post in forums showing the way to run
something like 'hdparm -B 254 /dev/sda' upon boot by simply setting some
parameter in YaST.

Foolishly enough I managed to loose the post and I do not remember it in
details. I googled for over an hour now and I cannot come across it any
more.

Anybody can make a suggestion here, please?

Are you looking for the functionality of storage-fixup:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/storage-fixup

If so, it is available for versions of openSUSE as far as I know.
(zypper in storage-fixup)

You may need to edit the config file to add your drive info to the
database of drives.

Greg