[opensuse] gnuplot -p plotfile.plt (no zoom, scale, etc.) no communication with persistent window??
All,

I have always create plot files for running gnuplot, instead of running from within gnuplot. e.g.:

$ gnuplot -p plotveloc.plt

where plotveloc.plt contains

plot \
"vmag.txt" using 1:3 title 'velocity y'

instead of running from the gnuplot> prompt, e.g.:

$ gnuplot
gnuplot> plot "vmag.txt" using 1:3 title 'velocity y'
gnuplot> q
$

I have always had the ability to zoom, scale, toggle-ruler, etc. in the persistent window. Now for some reason, it is like all communication with gnuplot is gone when using a persistent window. It is fine when running from the 'gnuplot>' prompt.

Has anyone else seen this? Any fix? What to check? This is with the standard Version 4.6 patchlevel 3 from the OSS repo (maybe update).

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.