Re: [opensuse] Re: memtest only seeing 48GB out of 64GB?
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 5:14 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 18/01/2016 21:01, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

If there were wrap around at 64GB I assume memtest would detect that?

most probably not, because why should a mobo do that?

It would be the Intel CPU in this case. The CPU is the one only
claiming 64GB support.

As to why, is is just what happens if you ignore the upper bits.

10 years ago IDE drives were just crossing the 128GB capacity line. A
lot of older disk controllers at the time didn't support over 128GB.
The end result was a write to 129 GB actually ended up going to 1 GB
on the

if you want, get a look at f3write

http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/

that do the test for sd cards, it should be easy to change it do do this for
ram.

the trick is to use a counter to write to the memory files with the count in
them. after that you read, if after some time the read do not fit with the
number of the file, it's paged

Thanks, I may give a modified version of f3write a spin.

Greg