Re: [opensuse] Format disk with 13.2 btrfs file system
On 01/17/2016 05:52 PM, jdd wrote:
Le 17/01/2016 23:09, Anton Aylward a écrit :

As JDD says, the Btrfs file system does snapshots. These eat space!
I wouldn't want that on a USB!

time change :-)

now usb can be usb3, as fast as sata, and usb disk can be as large as
5Tb (I just buy two of them, at a low per terabytes price :-)

Indeed.
I'm not doubting what you say, but I've just send back some 128G and
512G and 1T USBs 'cos they were .... unreliable. That is,

* not compatible across all machines

* write read errors on some machines

and more.
Batting 0.00 with them right now.

I'll stick with the SATA SSD for now.
Its 'if and when ...'.

But WT*, I've got lots of 16G, which is more than enough to run a
LiveUSB with installation capability (if I ever feel perverse and want
to check out the laptops at Best Buy <hint, hint>)