Re: [opensuse] desktop icons and folderview swapping sides
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 18:32:55 +0000
On Saturday 16 Jan 2016 11:11:49 John Andersen wrote:
On 01/16/2016 02:24 AM, ianseeks wrote:
Also make sure you have selected the Activity you thought you did. Those

things can multiply like rabbits if you give them their head.

I'm completely baffled by how the desktop is defined under plasma. if you
right click the desktop to access "Desktop Settings", you have to select
"Wallpaper" to change the type of desktop.

What I meant here was if you right click the screen, and select Activities,
you will see thumbnails of activities that you created (knowingly or
unknowingly).

i see what you mean, i didn;t realise this.

If you have more than one, things can get confusing. Each activity can
contain widgets/plasmoids/whatever in different combinations located in
different places.

On more than one occasion, I've accidentally created new activities that
were pretty much indistinguishable from a previous one, and then wondered
why changes I made to one or the other always seemed to revert.

I currently use exactly one activity, and then I use different desktops
within that single activity. In KDE4, you could have different wallpaper
on each desktop, but the programmers forgot how to do this and stripped out
this capability in their relentless bid to force activities down our
throats. I suspect future versions of KDE will simply get rid of multiple
desktops all together. Now that, after 20 years, these are available in
Windows 10 so KDE will have to drop them.
it does seem a mis-calculation to change it.