Re: [opensuse] Format disk with 13.2 btrfs file system
On 17/01/2016 2:05, don fisher wrote:

I do not know what parameters to give mkfs.btrfs to generate a file
system like that the distribution generates. I date back to the days of
Richard Stevens where a file was just a set of bytes. I know how to
mkfs.ext4 and the rest, but do know know all of the parameters for the
btrfs. I was hoping for an example, one that would make the distribution
file system. I will try to understand the btrfs at a later time.

It is far from trivial, so use YaST. The root partition is created with several separate spaces insides for specific directories, which later are mounted with different options.

Very possibly about no one knows the exact parameters to use on mkfs.btrfs to create a suitable root partition, unless we find it out in yast source code.

--
Saludos/Cheers,

Carlos E.R. (Minas-Morgul - W10)