Re: [opensuse] Format disk with 13.2 btrfs file system
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-16-16 20:12]:
On 01/16/2016 05:52 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 01/16/2016 06:58 PM, don fisher wrote:
Please give me the commands, probably to mkfs.btrfs, that allows me to
generate the file system that the distribution media provides. I have
tried to use the distribution media, but keep having trouble with a
clean build on a USB drive.

Does "mkfs.btrfs" not work for you?
Its in /usr/sbin/mkfs.btrfs

I do not know what parameters to give mkfs.btrfs to generate a file system
like that the distribution generates. I date back to the days of Richard
Stevens where a file was just a set of bytes. I know how to mkfs.ext4 and
the rest, but do know know all of the parameters for the btrfs. I was hoping
for an example, one that would make the distribution file system. I will try
to understand the btrfs at a later time.

Use what is available to you:
man mkfs.btrfs
google mkfs.btrfs