Re: [opensuse] xset s 600 s blank does not appear to work
* don fisher <hdf3@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-16-16 15:30]:
When I am under on of the other window managers, like Fvwm, my screen now
fails to dim after the prescribed time. This was working in the past, before
my system crash, and I lost my notes on what to do. If I run openSuse System
Settings, manually enable Power Management, then go to Power management I
can set a time to dim the screen. But I used to be able to do that directly
under X. Doesn't xset work under X any more? I tried doing the xset as root,
also without success. Is there some set of services I can enable to provide
the screen blanking?

That is not "off-topic" here.

xset --help
man xset

will both provide you the necessary information.

and xset works fine, I have been using it for several years rather than a
pretty picture screen blanker, but it does not "lock" the screen/keyboard.