Re: [opensuse] xset s 600 s blank does not appear to work
On 01/16/2016 01:28 PM, don fisher wrote:
When I am under on of the other window managers, like Fvwm, my screen
now fails to dim after the prescribed time. This was working in the
past, before my system crash, and I lost my notes on what to do. If I
run openSuse System Settings, manually enable Power Management, then go
to Power management I can set a time to dim the screen. But I used to be
able to do that directly under X. Doesn't xset work under X any more? I
tried doing the xset as root, also without success. Is there some set of
services I can enable to provide the screen blanking?

Thanks, and sorry for the a bit off topic
Don

I tried putting GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="consoleblank=600" in my grub file to add the kernel parameter. I have not tried rebooting yet.

Don