Re: [opensuse] desktop icons and folderview swapping sides
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 10:24:59 +0000
On Friday 15 Jan 2016 10:57:58 John Andersen wrote:
On 01/15/2016 10:21 AM, ianseeks wrote:
Hi

Is there any key combination that can cause my desktop layout to swap
sides? My desktop has 2 icons (firefox and skanlite) on the hand side and
a folderview on the right.
I closed down the 2 programs i was using (firefox and Libreoffice writer)
and discovered the icons and folderview had swapped sides.
Prior to launching firefox and writer i resized the folderview by holding
down the mouse button to launch the resize menu and enlarged it.

Any ideas?

Ian

By Folderview, I suspect you mean a Widget/Plasmoid/as part of an
"activity"?
Yep.
Running with widgets unlocked can cause weirdness to happen.
Make sure your widgets are locked at all times. (righclick desktop, select
lock widgets)
I shall do that, its the first time i've experienced any strangeness with
unlocked widgets. Do you know if its a known issue with a bug report? It needs
investigating.
Also make sure you have selected the Activity you thought you did. Those
things can multiply like rabbits if you give them their head.
I'm completely baffled by how the desktop is defined under plasma. if you
right click the desktop to access "Desktop Settings", you have to select
"Wallpaper" to change the type of desktop. To my mind, a wallpaper was
something you stuck on a desktop. i've not done anything with activities as
they've never been any use to me, i might have used them if i was a
developer, but as a user i can't find a use for them.

I think KDE needs a Barn (the kind you find on farms), so they would have
some place to take the programmers that forced Activities upon the world,
walk them behind the barn and shoot them in the head.