[opensuse] Re: alternatives to pk-update-icon
Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

* David Hume <a10086773@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-15-16 12:56]:
I had pk-update-icon installed, but it was notifying me of updates which
would then fail to install. On the last occasion I ran zypper and it
said there was nothing to do. So I un-installed pk-update-icon, but is
there some other thing which will notify of updates?

zypper ref;zypper lu

you could even assign it to a cron or at job

I put

xterm -hold -e "zypper ref ; zypper lu" &

into .xsession, but it said the zypper ref required root priv., so I
guess it is not going to work without that.

I was hoping I could use puplet or kpk_update but I cannot find them
anywhere. I forgot to mention I am using xfce4-session and xfce4-panel.