Re: [opensuse] Network set up after crash
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:34:51 +0100
don fisher wrote:

If you assign an address of e.g. 192.168.177.56/24, a /24 route will be
automagically created. Anything else you will have to do yourself -
YaST will help you setup the default route and any other static routes
you want. Do you actually have multiple separate networks?

I do not have multiple separate networks.

Then I don't see a need for any extra static routes.

But I have never been able to get the dynamically assigned IP address
associated with host name.

Different issue - you would need dynamic DNS updates. It's entirely doable
but irrelevant.

I did what you suggested, but I put the /24 in the subnet mask entry. Can
you suggest how Yast helps set up the default route?

Under Network Settings->Routing - set default IPv4 or IPv6 route. Two
fields.

/Per