RE: Re: [opensuse] leap: rkhunter warn about sshd change
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:44:18 +0100
stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Interesting, I never noticed it. I do not have a group sftp or sftponly.
For what I know I am currently not using sftp. So would it be correct to
comment that string out?

It doesn't hurt either way.

The rkhunter warning was:
Warning: The file properties have changed:
File: /usr/bin/ssh
Current inode: 1578894 Stored inode: 1573455
Warning: The file properties have changed:
File: /usr/sbin/sshd
Current inode: 1718294 Stored inode: 1715420
Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/bin/.fipscheck.hmac: ASCII text

I do understand the ssh change. This is the recent openssl update. I will
run propupd later but why did sshd change? An update should always leave
allone sshd shouldn' it? So for the sake of understanding: why would the
inode of sshd change?

I guess it was updated?

/Per