Re: [opensuse] leap: rkhunter warn about sshd change
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 11:44:38 +0100
stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have been warned by rkhunter about an sshd change. This is odd,
because I did not change anything.

So I went to /etc/ssh/sshd and I went through it.
I found a string that is new (and that for the time being I commented
out. Before it did read like this:
# override default of no subsystems
Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/ssh/sftp-server

As I did not put this: has there been an update?

That setting has been in sshd_config since the year dot.

And why would an update activate sftp-server on my system (AFAIK, I do
not use it). And if, wouldn't this even be the completely false
syntax, as this should then be used together with a " Match group
sftponly

Do you have a group "sftponly"?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.4°C)