Re: [opensuse] Network set up after crash
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:12:12 +0100
don fisher wrote:

On 01/14/2016 06:43 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 01/15/2016 02:17 AM, don fisher wrote:
On 01/14/2016 05:34 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I am sorry for two reasons. One I said Thunderbird above when it
should have been Firefox. Two, some of the pages that were in tabs
are reachable, but nothing they reference is. I can open a Google
window and enter a site name and it is reached (sometimes) but if I
try and use one of my bookmarks to access a site I receive "Unable
to Connect".

What happens if you click several times on the same address?

Same "Unable to Connect". I just built another system for comparison,
and Firefox appears to work. I just need to find where the difference
between these two systems is.

Unless you've got umpteen different interface cards, it's probably
easier to set up your network config from scratch.

Basically, your network interface needs an address, your system needs a
default route and a DNS address (etc/resolv.conf).
Do you assign these with DHCP or statically?

YaST will help you get this done. In GUI or text mode.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.8°C)