Re: [opensuse] Network set up after crash
On 01/14/2016 11:31 PM, don fisher wrote:
On 01/14/2016 03:04 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
ifconfig -a
I did the ifconfig as you suggested and it just listed the three devices
as expected. I think something is broken in my routing maybe? When I
click on an old link in thunderbird it claims it cannot reach
www.suse.com. But if I enter just www.suse.com into Google it opens, so
the rest of the link cannot be resolved.

If you can type a site name and it opens in firefox, then you do have network.

But what you describe is very confusing.

Try in a terminal:

host -v suse.com
host -v google.com
ping suse.com
ping google.com
ping 216.58.211.238

and copy here all the results.

--
Cheers/Saludos

Carlos E. R. (openSUSE Leap 42.1, test at Minas-Anor)