Re: [opensuse] Installation DVD is horrible!
On 01/13/2016 06:50 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2016-01-13 00:26, don fisher wrote:
and then mounts a swap partition from another drive, so my fstab is
corrupted.

The installation system uses, during the installation, any swap space it
finds (and it is not written to fstab). The swap space you create during
install does not exist yet, as all formatting is delayed till the final
"go ahead with install".

I started all over with a new USB drive. I deleted the NTFS partition. I then told it to add a swap, which id did. I then tried to add the system partition, selected BtrFS and was not allowed / as a mount point. /var along with others in the list were options, but no /.

The top of the window shows "Add Partition on Dev/sdd", so it knows what drive I am interested in. I now reboot the installation DVD. I select /dev/sdd again. The suggested partitioning again shows "Use /dev/sdc1" as swap. So I enter Expert Partitioner" where is shows /dev/sdd1 as / and /dev/sdd2 as home, as I mentioned before. I delete these two partitions and add the 3 I desire. Now is is back to showing options for sdc!

I will try again. I really do not like this type of code. Why can't you specify a configuration file, or something nor in a damn GUI!

Don