Re: [opensuse] Re: something like vnstat (internet usage stats) for OS 13.2? (solved)

Am 13.01.2016 um 15:56 schrieb Malcolm:
On Wed 13 Jan 2016 03:37:57 PM CST, Daniel Bauer wrote:

Am 13.01.2016 um 15:13 schrieb Malcolm:
On Wed 13 Jan 2016 02:39:10 PM CST, Daniel Bauer wrote:

Hi,

I need to find out how much down-/upload I use (to know what mobile
contract to choose).

Daniel
Hi

As a ball park indicator, use (since your on 13.2) ifconfig to see
data in/out eg;
/sbin/ifconfig eth0

RX bytes:3388942197 (3231.9 Mb) TX bytes:222123990 (211.8 Mb)

Pick a time and check manually and make a note...

The info given seems a good indicator, but I don't know in which time
I reached these numbers. Is it since I last booted?
(Sorry for stupid question...)

Hi
Since the last time the system was up, so check the output from uptime.

Remember it's bytes, not bits so check the plan your contemplating is B
not b.....

cool, thank you. This information is enough for what I need to know. (Anyway, I am shocked to see how much bits and Bytes I exchanged with the internet within the last 21 days...).
http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137