Re: [opensuse] Re: something like vnstat (internet usage stats) for OS 13.2?

Am 13.01.2016 um 15:13 schrieb Malcolm:
On Wed 13 Jan 2016 02:39:10 PM CST, Daniel Bauer wrote:

Hi,

I need to find out how much down-/upload I use (to know what mobile
contract to choose).

Googling pointed me to a program named vnstat, but that exists only
for ubuntu (or to be compiled from source, which is "too much" for me).

Is there something like that or a simple way to find out for OS 13.2
available somewhere, ready to install and use? I just need simple
numbers: how much did I download and upload from/to internet on this
single machine per day.

thanks for your help.

Daniel
Hi

As a ball park indicator, use (since your on 13.2) ifconfig to see data
in/out eg;
/sbin/ifconfig eth0

RX bytes:3388942197 (3231.9 Mb) TX bytes:222123990 (211.8 Mb)

Pick a time and check manually and make a note...

The info given seems a good indicator, but I don't know in which time I reached these numbers. Is it since I last booted?
(Sorry for stupid question...)

http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137